Monday, August 26, 2013

Sensitive Skin: Doggy Style

Now we all know Harley.


Best. Dog. Ever.

And I want to be the best doggy mama.

Harley is very sleek and there isn't an ounce of fat on the precious "little" dog!

He has the most sensitive skin I have ever seen.

I feel bad for him. I have tried a spoonful of olive oil in his food on a weekly basis. An egg.

He gets special baths for sensitive skin.

This week I am trying a new food. The folks where I take him to get his grooming done say it may be food related... either an allergy or just a sensitivity. So I am going to try him on a food that has no corn, soy, wheat or dyes.

They said it may take about 2 weeks for us to notice a difference and I am hoping that by getting his good oatmeal bath now that will help with the adjustment period.

But when I can reach over and pet his back and find it all wet where he has been scratching, I know he is miserable.

And I don't like my baby being miserable.

The pet folks also told me that with less filler in the food he would need less of it because he would be full longer... They even gave me a 10 dollar off coupon to try the food to see if it would help.

Oh I hope it helps. But if anyone has any suggestions, me and SuperDoggy are all ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment