Thursday, August 22, 2013

Promo: Autumn's Lost

 Synopsis


To the outside world Addison Baxter has it all, a beautiful house in the suburbs, a gorgeous daughter, faithful friends and a dutiful husband. But the glass façade is all but shattered the night a drunk driver destroys the world she knows. To all that know him Curt Baxter is a doting father and loving husband. But Curt has many secrets, secrets that will destroy love, family and friends, & they will be revealed the night of the accident. The life once lived is no more, and when the hard truths are revealed, it will take every bit of strength Addison has left to carry on. But will Curt’s unwillingness to let go lead Addison down her own surprising path of love and happiness.




Teaser

“So that’s how this is going to be? You ignore me any chance you get, not looking at me, no acknowledgement at all?” He states accusingly. I take a deep breath, before I respond, I see Michael talking at the bottom of the stairs. He turns around to look at Curt, and then takes one step back so his body is in the doorway at the bottom of the stairs. I look one second more at Michael’s back before I hear behind me,


“HELLOOOO!”


I turn and see Curt’s hands on his hips, head is cocked to the side, “Are you done eye fucking Michael?” he sneers.


I bite the inside of my cheeks, breath in slowly through my nose and then release it the same way before I respond loudly with, “Yes, and it was glorious!”


Curt turns ten shades of red and takes two menacing steps towards me to get in my face. I just stand there looking at him.


“So, this is how this ends? 19 years together, and this is what I get? Do you think I deserve this Addison?”


Slowly and quietly I say, “Do you really, want me to respond to the last question? Because I can, in five words.” I don’t blink or move at the last sentence but Curt looks like he was just punched in the gut.


“That’s what I thought, and to answer your first question Curt, yes, this is how it ends.”





Author Bio

 Leia is from Iowa where she resides with her Husband of 16 years and beautiful 11 year old daughter. She has a spoiled yellow lab and 2 old grouchy cats. She loves to swim and ride bikes, both of the motor and pedal version. She is an avid fisherwoman and gardener. 

No comments:

Post a Comment