Monday, November 4, 2013

Keeping The Focus

It is no secret that I grew up in the 1970's and 1980's. The most formative of my growing up was done in a rural area in Western North Carolina in the 70's.

I was born in France in the mid 60's but when I think "HOME", I think Weaverville, NC... a small town about 8 miles north of Asheville.

All of that is a preface to say that Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) was not commonly diagnosed back then. I never heard of it until I was in college in the mid 80's.

Is it possible to develop this condition as an adult? I mentioned it to my physician several  months ago and she said "it's not possible to have it as an adult if you didn't have it as a kid."

Well, OK but what? That doesn't really answer my question.

Just because you weren't diagnosed with something doesn't mean you didn't have it.

Right?

All I know is that for the last year or so, it is something I am finding more and more problematic for me. It is something I will be asking the new DR next Thursday...

Not overly excited about it but if he can give me any tips on how to focus more and stay on task then that would help me as far as getting things done when they needed to be. Then I would worry less about it later on.

Win Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment